Using the Clip Bin Tool
When you find clips you are interested in revisiting later you can keep them organized by adding them to a clip bin. Your clip bins can be accessed anytime by clicking the folder icon to the right of the search bar, at the top of the webpage.
NOTE: you must be registered and logged in to use this feature.
Adding a Clip to a Clip Bin
There are multiple ways to add a clip to a clip bin:
- On the clip page, you can click the orange "Add to Clip Bin" button to add the clip to the active clip bin.
- On the Search Results page, you can click the folder icon below the clip thumbnail.
- On the Search Results page, you can select one or more clips via the checkboxes and select "Add to active clip bin" or "Add to new or existing bin" from the Clip Tools drop down menu.
To view your bins anytime, click the folder icon to the right of the search bar.
Navigating Your Bins
To select from your list of bins, use the drop down menu on the left. Alternately, if you prefer, you can view all of your bins on one page by clicking the orange "View All Bins" button on the right.
If you would like to create a new bin, click the orange + to the right of the drop down menu.
If you would like to delete the active bin, click the grey X to the right of drop down menu.
Bin Tools Menu
On the bin page, you can access the Bin Tools menu at any time by clicking the downward arrow next to “Bin Tools” to reveal the menu with the following options:
- Rename: This function allows you to rename your active bin.
- Download Bin: This function downloads all the clips in your active bin as a zip file to your computer.
NOTE: In order to ensure a successful bin download, after clicking "Download Bin" please allow some time for the clips to be added to the zip archive and do not leave the page until download process begins.
- Email This Bin: This function enables you to share a copy of your bin with another person via email. After clicking "Email This Bin", complete the fields in the pop up window including the email address of the recipient, the subject of the bin and a brief message. Click "Send".
Clip Tools Menu
On the bin page, you can access the Clip Tools menu at any time by clicking the downward arrow next to “Clip Tools” to reveal the menu with the following options:
- Select All: This function selects and highlights all clips in the bin.
- Deselect All: This function deselects any highlighted clips in the bin.
- Add to new or existing clip bin: This function allows you to either create a new bin and add the selected clips to it, or to add the selected clips to one of your preexisting bins which you can select from the drop down menu.
- Download selected: This function downloads all select clips in the bin to your computer in a watermarked, lo-res format.
- Delete selected: This function deletes all selected clips.